Hello, class! Answer this question: What is an important thing you've learned how to do, and how did you learn to do it?
Then, comment on 2 classmates' posts by hitting 'reply' and writing them a message.
When
I was young, I learned how to play the oboe. Here's how I learned how
to do it. Before learning, I had played the saxophone and the piano, so I
already knew how to read music. When I was in Junior High School, my
band teacher asked me to try a new instrument, the oboe, and I loved it!
First, I met with a private teacher. She showed me where to put my
fingers and how to breathe. Then, I practiced almost every day for
several hours. As I improved, I played more difficult levels of music.
In the end, I have played
for over 10 years in high school and college bands and orchestras.
Learning oboe helped me learn how to set and achieve goals, which has
been an important skill that I have used my whole life.

When I was 8 years old,my father taught me how I can play soccer. My father was a professorial in soccer, When we were in park he tried to kick the ball to me and I did the same thing. By the time, he took me to the AL-HILAL team which is the poplar team in Saudi Arabia. Then, they saw me when I played and chose me in their team. Day by day, my school called my father and told him your son did not study very much. After that, my father realized that the problem joined him that team. Finally, my father did not let me go to the team again, it was so sad to me.
ReplyDeletedear Hamad, i'm sorry about you didn't do what you love to do ,but you still have time to improve your hope, and i wish good luck for you.
Deleteabdulrahman mugharbal
dear Hamad,
Deleteyour father made a good decision for your life because nothing is better than an education. this is my opinion.
When I was in elementary school, I learned how to swim in the water. I was really afraid of water when I was a child. Every time I just stood by the swimming pool while my friends went to swim. Watching them played in the water I really want to join them but I was afraid. For other people it is a simple basic skill. But for me, I cannot do it. One day when I was standing on the shore, watching them having water fights with each other. A naughty boy suddenly splashed water to me; I did not stand steady and fall in the water. I felt I cannot breathe at that time but I do not know what I should do to float up. I just tried my best to swing my hands and feet. After a few seconds, I floated up! And I found I can even swim forward by repeating this motion. I was really excited at that moment. I think sometimes the human instinct will force you to do something even you had never tried it before. ---CaoXichen
ReplyDeleteWow,i am learning swimming this summer,however,i just can swim a short distance now.i hope i can swim better just like you.
DeleteI think you should thank the naughty boy because he helped you to overcome this disaster. And do not be afraid form anything except the water because it is perfidious.
Deletewhen I was 9 years old, I started playing baseball. I was taught how can i play baseball by my father. Father said that the best way to improve the baseball skills is to steal the technique of advanced player. Then i watched the professional players every time and imitate their technique than ever before. i learned the angle of the arm, how to run fast and the attitude toward baseball. The skill of advanced players enabled me to play better than before. i have loved baseball since i started it and i want to play baseball in Tucson. finally, i think that it is the best way to steal some one's techniques to be better. Of course, it is not good to steal a thing.
ReplyDeleteSport is helpful to health,so keep moving! (kiki)
DeleteThere is a saying: "Imitation is the best form of flattery." It means when you try to be like someone else, it's a good thing because it means you respect them. You should join an intramural baseball team in Tucson!
DeleteActually, I want to learn playing baseball, it is an amazing sport.
DeleteI also want to study baseball. But we do not have so many people play baseball
DeleteMazen
ReplyDeleteDuring the elementary school , I learned how to make my own food .
My sister gave me a special way to prepare the nodles. At first, I thought it was very hard to prepare the nodles. But then, I realized it was one of the easiest thing that I had ever been taught. I also learned how to boil the egg when I was 6 years.
It sounds like you are a good cook now.Are you always cook dinner now?
DeleteI think cooking is very useful. When you live alone, it is a necessary.
Deletewao!! sounds good, i started to cook something from i came here. so i hope i can cook nodles just like you!!
DeleteMazen
ReplyDeleteThank you Koki, I learned from your comment how to be a good athlete . If I want to learn any sport , I will watch professional athletes for this sport and try very hard to do what they do.
Dear Mazen,
Deleteyou are lucky because you know how to cook. One of days,I hope get a chance to learn how to cook because I love to eat food.
Mazen
ReplyDeleteHammad, your story is very sad. It is very frustrating thing to quit something that you loved especially when you were young.
By the way Hammad , do you play soccer in Tucson,?
thanks Mazen,
Deleteyes, I do every weekends.
After i graduated from secondary school,my parents sent me to a high school which was very far from home.So,i need to learn how to be independent.i lived in the dormitory with 5 friends together,and we could go home until some important festivals.in the begining,i could not stop calling my parents every day,and told them what i met,and i want to go home.in the school,i needed to do everything by myself.such as,washing clothes without washing machine and mother.Especially when i washed jeans,it was too hard for me to dry it after fulled of water,so i always needed my roommates help.Time went by,i adapted to everything.So,now,that is my second time to leave home.Different distance,same condition and i believe i can do it.
ReplyDeleteGood for you! It's hard moving out on your own the first time. Is the experience in Tucson harder or easier than your first experience?
DeleteThat is cool! So you will not feel the life is really tough when you first came to Tucson, right?
DeleteWhen i was 12 years old, i lived in school. Then i must learn how to look after myself. i remember a thing that happened high school. i got a fever but my mom did not have time looking after me. my mom was on a business trip so i went home alone. i went to doctor by myself and i got fluid infusion. i think i learned some thing from this experiences. and i knew how to take care myself. i can do it by myself and i should become independent. Friends and parents can not always help me, i need to be independent. Nowadays,i leave my own country and live in there. i think i am more independent than before.And i hope i can get better in the future. (kiki)
ReplyDeletedear Kiki, the experiences make us learned how to live in this tough life , good job
Deleteabdulrahman mugharbal
Me too Kiki I learned that friends and parents can not always help you and everyone has to take care about his self i case something bad happen
DeleteGood job and keep up your attitude hopefully you will teach this things to your children in the future
i am learning how to live without parents too. lets both hang in there
DeleteWhen I was child , as all the other kids , all what was important for me was playing, but in reality , when you start to grow up you'll get shocked. The reason I say that is because as you start to grow up , the people around you will start to see this world in serious way , and they will take everything from reality aspect. My dad taught me how to deal with it. One day I went back home from school , I was crying and screaming. My dad ran to me and ask me about what happend ? I told him about my teacher who hit me because I didn't do my homework. The day after, my dad went with me to the school. I noticed that he was not angry and he acted all cool. When he met the teacher that hit me , he kept smiling in front of him ! he argue with him in respect way. After they finished talking , the teacher apologize for my dad and i. when we were on the way back home , my dad looked at me and told me , " Son , whatever you feel inside yourself , you should keep smiling in front of your enemies and respect them. That would make them feel weak'' that's what I learned from my father and that the way I act in this life.
ReplyDeleteabdulrahman mugharbal
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThat's such a valuable lesson. Your dad sounds like a good person! Do you think this made you more patient during difficult situations?
DeleteWhen I graduated from high school, I learned how can I be responsible for myself. The first decision I had in my life, it was which collage should I choose, so I stayed with my self to think about my career future, and I was very confused because I didn't have any information about the Engineering colleges. After that, I chose Chemical Engineering without any idea, then I studied and liked my major. After long time, finally I graduated. Then I had two options between work or get the master, so I chose to complete my education. Now I'm here for that reason. As you can see, it was very difficult to make decision for your future.
ReplyDeletei think you chose the right decision and I agree with you it was a diffcult choice to chose the major becasue I had the same problem especially if you want to study abroad and leave your family
DeleteI hope you fulfill your dream and have abeautiful life
It is great for you to keep study! When you started to work in the future, you will miss the life you have had in the college. So best wishes to you and you will success!
DeleteThat's pretty good to be a man! Congratultions!
DeleteI had an experience and it changed my life. One day I was walking in the street and I saw a store. The store has a lot of beautiful books. One book attracted me. It has a beautiful cover. The cover has an eagle and chickens. I walked towards the store and bought the book. I was curious about the book, and I asked my self many questions. When I entered my room, directly I started reading the book. The book was about an eagle who grew up with chickens. And everyday he was doing what the chickens did. He thought that he is a chicken. One day the eagle was looking at the sky, and he saw a crew of eagles were flying in the sky. The eagle wished that he could fly with this crew. And all he chickens laughed at him. The eagle lost his hope and stopped thinking and dreaming to fly with the eagles even that he is an eagle. He lived a long life without achieving his dream. The point is do not let your negative life influence at you and live with your beliefs, and if you are an eagle and you are dreaming to fly in the beautiful sky, try to follow it. Be assured that someday you will fulfill it. Keep up your dreams and do not listen to the chickens around you and be an optimistic person about the life and you have the energy to reach your dream.Actually that influenced my life and now I am in America because studying abroad was my dream. I followed my dream, and now I am trying to finish it. In fact, I will keep doing it no matter what problems will I face or weakness time. I will make my self proud of her own and make my family proud of their son.
ReplyDeleteit is good expirence
DeleteWhen I young, I was used to rely on my parents and my friends. When I met some difficulties, I always let them help me. This situation was happened until when I was 13. I had gone to Shanghai to study by my own for half a year. Through studied in Shanghai along, I had studied to be independent. After that, I could solve problem by myself and when I met some questions, I always think about it and try to handle it by myself first, then ask for help. I think independence is a really important thing we should learn, it helps all your life.
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty good to be a man! Congratultions!
ReplyDeletethat's fine
DeleteWhen i was young, i learned from my father how can i imitate any personality. also, when i saw poor man directly i gave him money, and i respect anyone older then me. My MOM teach me how can i cook especially tradtional food. from that day, my favorite subject is cooking. When i was child i had ability to imitate anyone, but almost any sound until know i can imitate each people.
ReplyDelete